Creating Color Palettes Class A
Creating Color Palettes
Online Zoom workshop - Wednesday May 12 2-5 pm pacific time
3 hour class
Join me online! This live class will be taught on Zoom, incorporating live demos and streaming video. Small class sizes means every student will have time for one on one learning, questions and sharing. Ensure you can run Zoom on your device before purchasing the class.
I wanted to create a class centered around PLAY.
This class will focus on how to create a cohesive color palette, paying particular attention to value and contrast. We will delve into color interaction, the importance of value in creating movement, and how the use of shape can tell a story. Students will work through a variety of exercises to create several color palettes, and we will discuss how to work in a series using color. Students can take any of these palettes into a full size quilt afterwards. Bars Quilt pattern provided, but there is no sewing time during class.
For the color exercises:
• Small scraps of solids and/or a complete Kona charm pack, or other solid charm pack. These will be used for the color exercises so size is not important. You may also use solid colored papers if you have those available.
• Bring some colors you DO NOT care for, we will be exploring how to use “ugly” colors.
• Include neutrals.
• Organize fabric/paper scraps by color for best use during the exercises.
For the Bars Quilt:
• You will need approximately 6-7 yards of fabric for a throw size quilt, and approximately 2 ½- 3 yards of fabric for a mini.
• If you want to stay with color exploration, I recommend solid or blenders that read like solids.
Level: all levels
I hope to see you there!
Once you purchase, you will receive an email with a welcome PDF containing the Zoom link and the supply list for the class.
REFUND POLICY: I am unable to accommodate any cancellations 7 days or less before a class is scheduled, or if you do not show up for class. All refunds will be minus fees (if any) incurred by payment service provider.