Diamonds Quilt Class A
Diamonds Quilt Class A
Online Zoom workshop - Tuesdays July 6 & 13, 2021 2 - 5 pm pacific time
-please note all times are in pacific time zone
-class is two 3 hour sessions
Join me online! This live class will be taught on Zoom, incorporating live demos and streaming video, it's the closest approximation to a real life workshop you can get. Small class sizes means every student will have time for one on one learning, questions and sharing. Ensure you can run Zoom on your device before purchasing the class.
Once you purchase, you will receive an email with a welcome PDF containing all the info and the supply list for the class.
Learn how to draw and create freezer paper foundations for precision piecing. This technique is similar to paper piecing but foundations are reusable and there is no tearing out bits of paper afterwards! We will use the Diamonds quilt to learn the technique, and will discuss how to apply it to many other patterns. In this class we will also look at the use of value and color to create visually complex quilts from the repetition of a simple block.
• Two 3 hour sessions.
• Classes are not prerecorded. They consist of real time and livestream video demos, Q and A, and photo presentations.
• You will have access to watch the videos from class for about a month after the last session.
• Students will have access to private Facebook group for ongoing support.
• Diamonds Quilt pattern will be emailed to you a few days before class.
• Variety of PRE-WASHED fabrics (unwashed fabric will be harder to adhere to the freezer paper).
10 to 12 colors is a good place to start, but have enough color choices on hand to suit your creative style. Pick fabrics you love with a variety of light, medium and dark options.
• From each fabric pre-cut a 6" by width of fabric piece.
• Prints or solids OK.
• To help gauge how much fabric to have on hand:
-60” x 70” throw requires 7 yds
-24” x 25” mini requires 1 yd
This is a rough estimate, fabric amounts will vary due to personal cutting and piecing approaches.
I hope to see you there!
REFUND POLICY: I am unable to accommodate any cancellations 7 days or less before a class is scheduled, or if you do not show up for class. All refunds will be minus fees (if any) incurred by payment service provider.