Small World Quilt Class B
Small World Quilt
Online Zoom workshop - Saturdays October 16 & 23 2021 10am-1pm PST
Join me online! This live class will be taught on Zoom, incorporating live demos and streaming video, it's the closest approximation to a real life workshop you can get. Small class sizes means every student will have time for one on one learning, questions and sharing. Ensure you can run Zoom on your device before purchasing the class.
• All times are in pacific time zone
• Class is two 3 hour sessions
• The quilt pattern will be sent a few days prior to class.
• Once you purchase the class, you will receive an email with a welcome PDF containing all the info and the supply list for the class.
The Small World quilt block is a fun way to explore color and value placement while learning a new way to paper piece. Paper piecing is a great technique for precision piecing and is ideal for lining up tricky seams, and with this new technique, you dont have to spend time tearing out papers, as the foundations are reusable! We will also delve into value and how by simply changing the color placement within the block we can create a lot of variation in how we see the block pattern.
This block is made up of two repeating units, with clever nesting seams for a precise polished block that is easy to put together.
Level: Confidant beginner
You can make this quilt whatever size you wish, from a small mini wall hanging to a bed size quilt. You will need about 7-8 yards of fabric for a throw size quilt (60” x 60”), 2-3 yards for a mini quilt
• Variety of ¼ to ½ yard cuts of fabric. Have enough color choices to suit your creative style. Pick fabrics you love with a variety of light, medium and dark options. Prints are OK, or a combination of prints and solids.
• You will need minimum 1 yard of white or other light value fabric for the background.
• You may also choose to make a 2 color quilt instead.
I hope to see you there!
REFUND POLICY: I am unable to accommodate any cancellations 7 days or less before a class is scheduled, or if you do not show up for class. All refunds will be minus fees (if any) incurred by payment service provider.